PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on whether you are a visitor, customer or applicant, and the requirements of applicable law. We collect personal information that you provide to us, personal information we obtain automatically when you use our Site, and personal information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
Account Creation. In order to use certain features of our Site and Services, you must create an account. We may ask you for your name, email address, shipping address, and telephone number, and certain other personal information about yourself.
Transactions. If you place an order through the Site for products, services, or a Subscription (collectively “Services”) either as a Visitor or Member, we may ask you for your Login Credentials, name, email address, shipping address, and telephone number, certain other personal information about yourself, including payment information. Any payments made via our Site are processed by third-party payment processors. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our Site, but it may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details).
Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our products, register for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, sign up for the rebate program, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain personal information, which may include personal information. If you leave a review on our Services, you also agree that we may post it publicly (including for our advertising and promotional purposes), along with your first name and last initial.
Social Media Content. We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages). Any personal information you provide on the public sections of these features will be considered “public”, unless otherwise required by applicable law and is not subject to privacy protections referenced herein.
Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Site. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use your personal information to assess your qualifications.
B. Personal Information Collected Automatically or From Others
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Site:
Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain personal information automatically when you use our Site, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, Internet Service Provider (ISP), user settings, MAC address, pages viewed, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other details about your browser and device including unique identifiers, duration and frequency of visits, and location information (including approximate location derived from IP address).
We may collect this information from your activity on the Site, including information about time spent on particular pages, sections of the Site you visit, and other usage data, or from cookies (as described in more detail below).
We may also track your past purchases to provide you with a personalized profile of your shopping history.
Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.
Pixel Tags or Beacons. In addition to cookies, we also collect Aggregate Information through the use of "tracking pixels," also known as "beacons." A tracking pixel is a transparent graphic image (usually one (1) pixel x one (1) pixel) that is placed on a web page and, in combination with a cookie, allows for the collection of information regarding the use of the web page that contains the tracking pixel. We use tracking pixels to tell when an advertisement has been clicked on or otherwise interacted with and use that information to judge which advertisements are more appealing to users. In some cases, we use third party service providers to help us collect and analyze this information.
Our uses of these Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Site, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Site, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Site (see Analytics below);
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Site. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Site or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Site or on third party sites.
See ‘Your Privacy Choices and Rights’ below to understand your choices regarding these Technologies.
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site.
C. Information Collected from Other Sources We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Site through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service , or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings.
How We Use Your Information
A. Provide Our Site and Services We use your information to fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our products, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Site;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Site and policy changes;
- To process and fulfill your order and notify you of your order status;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a product or service;
- Processing your payment information using our third-party partners and other payment methods for Services purchased;
- Providing advertising, analytics and marketing services; and
- Processing applications if you apply for a job, we post on our Site.
B. Administrative Purposes
We use your information for various administrative purposes in order to give you a more enjoyable shopping experience, such as:
- Analyze and improve our Site and Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Site;
- Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration;
- Researching and developing products, services, marketing or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability or efficiency;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our products and services;
- Developing new products and services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality with our Site;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and compliance activities;
- Enforcing our agreements, terms and policies; and
- Complying with our legal obligations.
C. Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services We may use personal information to furnish you with customized materials about offers and products that may be of interest, including new services content or products and advertisements or special promotional programs. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law.
D. Other Purposes
We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
- Consent. Other purposes you consent to, are notified of, or are disclosed when you provide personal information.
- De-identified and Aggregate Information In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, our Site, and our products, we might use personal information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the device from which you access our Site, or other analyses we create in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site and our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify any individual. We may share this aggregate information with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We disclose your information to third parties for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Site, to protect us or others, or in the event of a major business transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer, as described below.
A. Disclosure to Provide our Site and Services The categories of third parties with whom we may share your personal information are described below.
- Service Providers. We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third party service providers. We may use third parties to host the Site and provide IT and related services; operate various features available on the Site; detect and protect against fraud, illegal activity, or other misuses of the Site; send emails; process payments; handle customer service; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders. These other companies will have access to your personal information and other information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. Business Partners. We may provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
- Affiliates. We may share personal information with our affiliated companies, for our administrative purpose including activities such as IT management, for them to provide services to you, or support and supplement the Site and Services we provide.
- Advertising Partners. Through our Site, we may allow third party advertising partners to set technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We may also combine and share such information and other information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements for us to you when you visit third party websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to share information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer not to share your personal information with third party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions below.
- Information Shared Publicly. As described in “Personal Information We Collect” above, if you post a review on our Services, we may share the review, along with your first name and last initial, publicly, including in our advertising and promotional materials.
- APIs/SDKs. We may use third party Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Site. APIs may allow third parties including analytics and advertising partners to collect your personal information for various purposes including to provide analytics services and content that is more relevant to you. For more information about our use of APIs, please contact us as set forth below.
B. Disclosures to Protect Us or Others
We may access, preserve, and disclose any personal information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
C. Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers Please also note that we do reserve the right as permitted by law and/or contract to transfer or sell your personal information and other information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual financing, merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or other change in control.
Your Privacy Choices and Rights
Your Privacy Choices. You have certain choices about your personal information as determined by applicable laws. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further processing by contacting us as described below.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences. If you have an account, you may access and update your registration information, and personal information and preferences to receive email or other communications from us by contacting us as set forth below.
Do Not Track. “Do Not Track (DNT)” is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Billie does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Site may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. . Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device's platform controls in your settings to exercise choice.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Information about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”);
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information or we may refer you to the controller of your personal information who is able to make the correction;
- Request Deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law;
- Request Restriction of or Object to Processing of your personal information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law;
- Obtain Categories of Personal Information we have either disclosed or sold about consumers in California for a business purpose;
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable law.
How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to protecting the personal information we receive from you. However, Billie will not be liable for disclosures of your information, including personal information, due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. We have undertaken commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to data retained in our servers, however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, Billie cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. Users must accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that their personal information may be intercepted in transit.
International Data Transfers
You agree that all personal information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request.
Supplemental State Privacy Rights Notice
Personal Information We Collect We may have collected the following categories of Personal Information and sensitive personal information within the last 12 months about you. Personal Information (A) Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers. (B) Personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to their name, address, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information provided. (C) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as age.) (D) Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. (E) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to information regarding a consumer's interaction with an Internet website, application or advertisement. (F) Geolocation data.
Sensitive Personal Information (G) Complete account access credentials (user names, account numbers, or card numbers combined with required access/security code or password). (H) Geolocation.
Disclosures of your Personal Information Within the last 12 months we have not shared Personal Information identified in the above categories (A)-(H) in a manner that could be considered a "sale" under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed Personal Information identified in the above categories (A)-(H) for our business purposes.
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to business or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration which could be considered a "sale" under California law, without affirmative authorization.
Use of Personal Information For each of the above categories, we use the Personal Information we collect for the business purposes disclosed within our Privacy Notice and detailed in the section entitled "How we use your information." We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers' other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
Your Rights If you are a resident of a Supplemental State, you have certain rights related to your Personal Information. Please note that the below rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or in part, where exceptions under applicable law apply. Your rights may include:
- The right to request access Personal Information that we have collected or retained about you. If requested, we shall provide you with a copy of your Personal Information which we collected as permitted by the Supplemental State privacy laws.
- You also have the right to receive your Personal Information in a structured and commonly used format so that it can be transferred to another entity (“data portability”).
- The right to request to know: specific species of Personal Information we have collected; categories of Personal Information we have collected about you; categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected; our business or commercial purpose for collecting, sharing, or selling Personal Information; and categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- The right to request that we delete Personal Information about you which we have collected from you.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (instructions and description below), we will delete, and, as applicable, direct our service providers to delete, your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your request to delete your personal information if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers, subject to certain exemptions based on your state of residence.
- The right to opt-out/do not sell my Personal Information.
You have the right to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties for some purposes, including sharing that may be defined as a sale under applicable laws. You can opt-out of this sharing by clicking this form, or clicking on the “Do Not Sell My Information” link at the bottom of this page and submitting a request via the authorized methods. You also may have a right to opt-out of the use of curtained automated decision-making technology.
- The right to request that we do not share or disclose your Sensitive Personal Information
- You have the right to limit how your Sensitive Personal Information is disclosed or share with third parties. (We do not collect any Sensitive Personal Information.)
- The right to request correction or rectification: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request correction of any inaccurate Personal Information. Upon verifying the validity of a valid consumer correction request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct your Personal Information as directed, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of maintaining your Personal Information.
- California Shine the Light Law. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may exercise these rights by:
- Completing [this form] (https://privacyportal-eu-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/9cbd26f6-c604-4e39-a5d0-79d9844fba6e/dc7b90b4-252b-43a7-baae-396e50e995fb.html "Privacy Rights Request Form"),
- Clicking on the “Do Not Sell My Information” link at the bottom of this page and submitting a request via the authorized methods.
As required under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide additional personal information as necessary to verify your identity in response to exercising requests of the above type. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
Subject to applicable law, we may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the Supplemental State law, including by: · Denying you goods or services; · Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; · Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or · Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. As permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request even if you choose to use an agent. We may deny a request by an agent if they fail to submit proof that they act on your behalf.
Accessibility Statement If you use assistive technology and the format of this Privacy Notice interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us at email@example.com. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the preferred format in which to receive the material and your contact information. You may contact us with questions and concerns about our privacy policies or practices by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This Supplemental State addendum was last updated: February 1st, 2023.
Supplemental Notice for Nevada Residents
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
Children's Privacy and Parental Controls
This Site is not intended for persons under the age of 16 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are not 16 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. If you are a parent or guardian and wish to review information collected from your child, or have that information modified or deleted, you may contact us as set forth below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account.
- Links to Third Party Sites. Our Site may contain links to other web sites. Other web sites may also reference or link to our Site. These "other" domains (web sites) are not controlled by Billie. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site to read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other web sites. Visiting these other web sites is at your own risk.
- Supervisory Authority. If you are located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law
To exercise your privacy rights: please complete this form, or reach out to us at listed above.